Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ABC cards for my preschooler


Stefan's 2 1/2 years old now and is quite the sponge. He knows his alphabet, his numbers (1-10), his colors, and his shapes. Since I'm homeschooling Maylin, it makes sense to homeschool Stefan as well. I've been using the uppercase alphabet cards that I made for Maylin (and I've copied them so Stefan can play a matching game with them), and now I've made lowercase cards, too, for later. It doesn't hurt to start him on his letter sounds, so he listens to this phonics song on youtube. He loves it!

If you're interested in making similar cards, you'll need 3x3 squares of colored paper and card stock (glued together) or squares of colored card stock. Type up the letters in your word processing software (I used Century Gothic font in size 150). Cut and paste letters to your card and laminate using laminating sheets found at an office supply store. Cut out and use!

No comments: