Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A new beginning for America

That was the most exciting election ever! The Armitage family is very happy about the results -- what a turning point for America. I was surprised by how calm and serious Obama was when giving his speech in Chicago. No giddiness, not as many smiles as I would have expected. I guess, in the state our country is in, you can't celebrate for too long. There's so much work to be done, and he must have already felt the weight of all that on his shoulders.

I woke up half expecting the world to look different outside, but no, it looked the same. To me though, something feels different. I feel hopeful that America will get its priorities straight and move forward towards a better future.

P.S. McCain gave a very nice speech in Arizona. He showed excellent sportsmanship -- I actually felt sorry for him. The world would have been a different place if he had won the Republic nomination in 2000.

No comments: