Friday, August 29, 2008

Perfect pairing for breakfast

Ooh yum. I've been eating nonfat plain yogurt for breakfast for about a couple months now. You may cringe and say, "Ew, isn't that really sour?" Yes, it's pretty tangy, but I had been supplementing it with a tablespoon of Bonne Maman jam. My favorites have been the Wild Blueberry (absolute favorite), along with Fig, Strawberry, and Damsonplum (I sure miss the Mirabelle plum flavor which is not available in the U.S.). After I got tired of jam, I started trying honey. It's nice, but it just doesn't compare to the MAPLE SYRUP! It is SO sweet it creates the perfect counterbalance to the yogurt's sourness. It's also so sweet that you don't need to use a lot of it. Less than a tablespoon to a cup of yogurt. It's quite delightful -- like eating dessert in the morning.

No comments: