Sunday, June 08, 2008

My apologies

Sorry to be so out of it. Stefan has not been sleeping well at all at night -- waking several times. I think it has to do with his teething (his third and fourth teeth on top). The good thing is that he's eating all sorts of foods now. He'll take just about anything I offer him. We had dinner on College Avenue at Garibaldi's and it was excellent! Best dinner out I've had since Paris. Stefan even liked the apricot from John's cheese plate and the green mashed potatoes/peas from my halibut dish.

Stefan is crawling everywhere, so I really have only about 5 minutes a day on average on the internet. He also has a cold now, so he's fussier than usual.

Maylin's been her usual amazingly artistic self -- made beautiful stuff in her clay class and wows me with her drawings and paintings. But she's been especially clingy these days, ever since the kindergarten zoo field trip (I spent the whole day with her and her class). She cries almost every night, begging me to stay with her at school for the entire day. I've tried so hard to get her to explain to me why she's feeling this way. I was worried she was scared of something at school, but instead of her giving me a direct answer, she told me her more general fear: that she and I will get older, our faces will change, and we won't be able to recognize each other. I explained that our faces would change so slowly that we'd always be able to recognize each other, but I was unable to appease her.

More later. Stefan will probably get me up around 5 or 6 am and I will not be able to go back to sleep, therefore -- bedtime for me is now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Maylin,has she had any scary dreams or something? I know I had similar feelings as a kid and still wish I was a kid sometimes. She's almost done with school too, so maybe she knows she's going to 1st grade and it could be scary, even though I was usually happy at the end of the year. But that was OLF, and not public school so it could be different.

Well, I just dropped Deveny off in Oregon and she'll be up there for a week and a half. Maybe we can go visit you this weekend. I spent a lot of time holding Deveny's niece Hannah, she is really cute. So now, I want to play with Stefan.