Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mr. Cruiser

Stefan is cruising already! For those of you who are not familiar with baby development terminology, "cruising" refers to a sort of walking along the furniture movement. Hands walking along the furniture (usually a couch or low table), and feet following at the same time. He also does it along the side of his crib. Stefan's just over 8 months and it looks like he'll be walking soon! It's hard to believe. Maylin was very cautious and didn't start walking until 14 months.

Stefan's increased mobility is a very good excuse for my not keeping up with e-mails and my blog and my photography and all my other projects (I've nearly forgotten my "Little Turnip" art business -- alas, it is on the backburner.) These little guys are so accident prone at this stage that Mommies have to be on constant watch.

Cheerios are still Stefan's favorite solid food. (He started eating them last Friday.) So funny that he's totally bypassed the mushy food stage. I tried mushing up some cooked carrots and he had his gagging reflex again. Can't blame my cooking -- all I did was boil some water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Caroline! I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but you might have solids success preparing cereal-type baby food with breast milk.

Just blog when you can, we'll wait! :-)

Take care ... Marianna

Caroline Jou Armitage said...

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, people have suggested it before, but I find pumping very time-consuming and difficult. It'd probably take me at least an hour to get enough out to make a serving of rice cereal for Stefan. Also, for some reason, I have a strong aversion to seeing breast milk in a cup, a bowl, a bottle, in the freezer...for me, it needs to be in me or the baby.

Thanks for your patience,
Caroline