Sunday, April 13, 2008

Firestation field trip



Two and a half weeks ago, Maylin's kindergarten class visited the local firestation. Maylin asked a question: "Why do you have such a big truck?" Wow. When I was her age, I didn't have the guts to ask questions of anyone in authority. So, explain me this. How can she ask a question of a firefighter, in front of her entire class, and still not be able to speak to my parents and my friends? Is she shy or not?

The highlight of the trip was definitely being able to turn on the firehose and shoot it into the street. How fun is that? One of Maylin's classmates decided to do something naughty -- point the hose at her classmates (and me!). I was able to turn away in time to save my camera, but she really soaked a couple of kids (who were actually happy to get wet!).

No comments: