Friday, March 28, 2008

Sleeping through the night

Sorry to be such an inconsistent writer this month. We've been trying to get Stefan to sleep in his crib and sleep through the night for the last few weeks. He doesn't like sleeping there much, but he's much better than Maylin was, who unfortunately, had a much more difficult time adjusting since we waited until she was a year old to convert her. She could cry and scream much louder and much longer.

I feel we've been somewhat successful. Stefan will sleep for 6-8 hours straight which is excellent, but since he falls asleep at around 8 pm, this means he wakes me up between 2 and 4 a.m. And you know how I already have my sleeping problems (which have existed for two years now?). I cannot fall back asleep very easily which results in a very sleepy Caroline from the mid-afternoon on. The accumulation of these poor sleepy quality nights are exhausting me!

I can't complain too much though. Stefan's still a dream baby who smiles and laughs a lot, and hardly ever cries. He only cries when he's REALLY hungry and tired.

Okay, time to go back to bed. Can you believe it's 2:44 am for me?

No comments: