Friday, November 16, 2007

New exercise regime

It doesn't take a lot of time and I'm energized afterwards! I walk Maylin and our dog Leo to the bus stop, and after waving goodbye to Maylin, Leo and I take the steep, upward hike home, the long way. And now that Leo is a senior citizen, I used to have to wait for him but I realized I wasn't getting much of a workout that way. So, I keep moving now. When I notice he's not catching up, I just walk back down to him, and then walk back up again, getting more uphill steps in.

Once we're home (in 10-15 minutes), I pop in my New York City Ballet Workout DVD and do four of the floor exercises: stretches, abs, floor barre I (hamstrings and calves), and floor barre II (butt). The ab workout is the best! I'm groaning by the end of it. So that takes about 10-15 minutes. Lastly, I take out my resistance bands (huge rubber bands) and work on my triceps and biceps for about 5-7 minutes.

My workout is about 30-40 minutes and I feel great! Yesterday, I did my workout and felt energized (and crazy enough) to weed my neighbor's yard for a couple hours right after. Yes, I volunteered because I find it fun to clean up other people's homes and yards -- as long as I know I'm going to be making an obvious, huge visual impact after my work is done. So, if you or someone you know has LOTS of weeding to do or LOTS of organizing to do in the home, contact me! Hey, I'm sure I burned a lot of calories weeding, too.

No comments: