Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Little man

My Stefan is getting so big! He came into this world at 7 lbs. 8 oz, and seven weeks later, he's thirteen pounds! He also grew four inches! 90th percentile for height and 80th percentile for weight. He's got all those beautiful, chubby baby folds to prove it.

At seven weeks, he just started to smile, and now at over eight weeks, he's smiling a lot. And with early training, he's sticking his tongue out at us as some form of communication. I love how he coos. He is actually talking -- "ah goo," but usually does it with his lips together. Funny guy.

He's got these fun moments, but when he's gassy, no one's happy. Two things relieve him -- Mylicon drops (I hate using medication, but it does sometimes work) and butt-bouncing, which is a technique I developed myself. I lay him on his back, put my hands under is butt, and bounce his bottom upward and toward his chest simultaneously, over and over again. Definitely gets results.

Stefan has the same cheeks (I'm not talking about his bottom anymore) that Maylin had when she was a baby. Huge...humongous! I had mugs made with Maylin's huge cheeks on them for family Christmas presents when Maylin was about two months. I bet when she gets to be a teenager, she'll find them and toss the things out.

No comments: