Friday, April 06, 2007

Some big news

If you don't know already, we're moving back to the States! Back to Berkeley to be precise. Looks like it will happen towards the end of June. So, it'll be sad to say farewell to all the great friends we've made here in Paris, but it'll be nice to be reunited with wonderful family and friends in the Bay Area.

I will continue my blog, despite the move, since it really is more about me than me in Paris, in particular. So the URL will stay the same (don't delete your bookmarks!), but I'll have to change "Caroline in Paris" to "Caroline in Berkeley" or something else. Any ideas?

We'll do our best to keep up our French -- need to meet some Bay Area francophones. Keeping up Maylin's will be a challenge, but my French is still way ahead of hers so maybe if she and I set aside regular time to converse in French, we might be okay. Yesterday, while we were playing together, she took the initiative to speak in French to me. She's got a very cute accent, has completely mastered the back-in-the-throat "r," and just needs to work on vocabulary, verb conjugations, and genders of nouns (!).

We've got some other big news to share, but maybe I'll keep you in suspense for a little while if you don't know already...

1 comment:

Camie Vog said...

Good for you all! How about Caroline By the Bay, or Caroline's BayView?

And I think I know what the news is!!
Congratulations!!!