Monday, April 23, 2007

Almost five months!

Okay, many of you guessed correctly already -- we're pregnant! My belly is already looking huge at nearly five months. I've been feeling the baby move for the last three weeks and it's wonderful! My next ultrasound in a few weeks will be in awesome 3-D! We will find out the sex of the baby then.

Pregnancy's been going great, but my Paris springtime allergies have not been so wonderful. Having trouble sleeping these days because of coughing fits and an incessant runny nose. It's the worst at night. In the daytime, I'm actually all right.

More on the pregnancy later. Just wanted to let you know that I've been offline for awhile because we went to the beautiful island of Corsica for two weeks. It was our best vacation ever -- relaxing, amazing scenery, fun-filled beach days for Maylin, interesting food, friendly people and animals...photos soon, I hope. I'm kind of dreading going over seven hundred photos -- the deleting and editing could take a lifetime.

Maylin was a wonderful traveler and is really blossoming into a big girl. She is so caring, so considerate. As an example, after a late dinner in Corsica, we all walked back to the hotel. As we crossed the street to the sidewalk, I stumbled on the curb, totally lost my balance, and landed on all fours pretty hard. After John had picked me up and I had dusted myself off and saw to my minor wounds, Maylin asked the question that summed up what we were all thinking: "Is the baby okay?" I reassured her that it was probably fine since I didn't land on my belly, but she did take extra precaution by holding my hand and making me walk on the inside of the sidewalk, away from the curb. Was this really a four year-old having the thoughtfulness and consideration of someone much older? She impresses me more and more each day.

3 comments:

ColourMeCrazy said...

Congratulations! That's really exciting news!

Camie Vog said...

Yay for you!!!

Not sure if you read my blog, but I had a baby girl on Feb. 15, 2007. She came two months before my son's 5th birthday. I find the age gap between the two great. It'll be nice for you to be near your family when your little one is born. That way, they can lend a hand with Maylin as you get used to having two.

I'm very happy for you!

Caroline Jou Armitage said...

Congratulations, Cami! I'm sure my family will help with Maylin, but I'm also counting on Maylin to help with the baby! She can't wait to hold the baby, feed it...but she's sure she doesn't want to change any diapers!

Thanks for the comments!