Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Rambling at 4:20 am

I think I've been up for about three hours. Sheesh. I actually got some research done. Had to get an address for a restaurant I'm going to today. Then, did some price comparisons on travel to Italy. We've been in Europe for three years and still haven't been to the number one destination on my list! The overnight trains to Florence sound great. Although I haven't looked at the cheapo airlines yet. Still don't know exactly when we'll be going. Probably in the spring.

My life has been rather humdrum since I've been quite fatigued (energy back today!). Reading, doctor's appointments, groceries, napping...haven't done anything really fun lately besides making paper toys for Maylin. I've got to take some photos of my paper 3-walled apartment, paper dolls, paper animals, champagne cork buddies, and origami jumping frogs.

Some things I want to blog about in the future:
- restaurant review: Bath's
- restaurant review: Chartier (in Levallois)
- tough love with Maylin last night

I was inspired by Sue Monk Kidd's book, The Secret Life of Bees. Loved it. Her first chapter was originally a short story which won a contest and got published in Nimrod. I thought, what better way to get into creative writing again? Write a short story and enter it into a contest. What have I got to lose? SHORT story means I won't get overwhelmed, and CONTEST means I have a deadline to keep me on task. Hope I can follow through on this one. I never got around to doing that opera competition last year, but some things were out of my control then.

By the way, Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,
I want to buy a dslr, any recommendations? I figure since Taiwan has such exotic landscape and other things that it'd be nice in my last year to go out and take nice quality pictures, mostly landscape and people, and some low light photos. I guess you can just e-mail me that would be easier I guess.

On another note, I also got food poisoning a week or so ago, it wasn't the greatest feeling in the world. I'm trying to decide if it was Pizza Hut or not thoroughly cooked pot stickers from a "restaurant" nearby. Anyway, I resorted to not eating at pizza hut, and boiling wontons myself.

Hope you had a good valentines day.

lil bro

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are taking the opportunity to travel while you're in Europe. I loved Italy so much that I get really excited when other people say they are going there. I guess I had such a wonderful experience there that I think everyone should go there. I hope you have the most wonderful experience there too.

I'm also glad to hear such a positive review of The Secret Life of Bees. I really wanted to read that, but I haven't gotten around to it because I hadn't heard a lot about it. I'm definitely going to read it now!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care.

Your sister,

Deveny