Hey, I'm still here in magical Paris. So much to tell you...I want to go more in depth, but that'll have to be later. Now, you just get some bullet points.
- Fish/La Boissonerie (6th arrondissement): not your typical seafood restaurant, delicious, light, great wine, reasonable prices, good service, a favorite of Anglophones
- La Derniere Goutte (6th): wine shop owned by Fish restaurant founder, an American; will stop by for wine tasting some Saturday
- went to a club for the first time in ten years; danced for two hours straight
- Hotel d'Aubusson (6th): has bar with live jazz (free entry) every Friday and Saturday night; great service; an opulent smoking room with grand fireplace
- didn't go to gym last week because not feeling great; might not go often this week in order to catch up with friends; back into routine in January, I hope
- volunteered to sell cheese at a Christmas market to help out a friend; stay tuned for more cheese adventures
- Maylin's teacher was really excited to tell me that Maylin spoke to her again and sang songs with the group (Maylin reports having sung "Jingle Bells" in French -- wonder what the lyrics are?)
- adopted two large black beetles after returning from Ohio; Maylin named them Mr. Black and Mr. Black; John named them John and Paul
- goldfish Nemo still alive (in January, will be one year anniversary of his arrival)
- still don't feel like singing opera again
- I think I might be able to get Maylin into ballet in January -- she no longer shows interest in studying cello
- Maylin can write her name all by herself!
- Maylin knows nearly the whole alphabet; she writes almost as often as she draws
- finally discovered some great second-hand clothing stores in Paris (2-3 euros per item)
- frantically making Christmas decorations for tree since all we have is a few metallic balls and a string of lights
- am still reading "On Beauty" by Zadie Smith (trudging slowly because of limited time); enjoying it once I got past being totally jealous of the author who has written three other novels, I believe, and is a year younger than me! when was the last time I was jealous?
Have a merry little Christmas! Sorry for not e-mailing, but hoping to catch up in the new year!