Tuesday, December 26, 2006

No holiday dieting required!

Wow, for some reason, despite the fact that I haven't been going to the gym regularly for several weeks and that I have been eating more Christmas desserts than necessary, I am down to the goal weight that I set for myself privately in August. Now I remember the original reason for getting in shape. I certainly wanted to get pregnant again (let's cross our fingers) but didn't want to do it while I was still hanging onto the extra weight from the previous pregnancies. I knew it would be impossible to lose later. Why not work my butt off (figuratively and literally) now instead of working four times as hard later? I think if I was still in the States I might not feel as much pressure to stay in shape. Subconsciously, or maybe more often consciously, there's a need here in Paris to "keep up" with everyone else's flat tummies and slim thighs.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I gotta go, but can't wait to tell you about my latest passion of cooking for crowds.

No comments: