Monday, December 04, 2006

My little beauty


My little beauty
Originally uploaded by Caroline in Paris.
Doesn't Maylin look like a doll? I took this photo at the National U.S. Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio, a few days before Thanksgiving with my brand-new 85mm lens. Doesn't it do great work? I decided to upgrade from my 50mm which was perfect for me in the beginning (it's super in the bright summer sun) but I felt I needed more when I found I wasn't too happy with its autofocus in low light and its sometimes rough bokeh (blurry backgrounds). I still have a lot to learn with my camera and this lens as I had little success in some very low light situations, such as Thanksgiving and other family visits (why didn't I use my point-and-shoot modes? kicking myself really hard now). What a pity. Anyways, check out my museum photos on my flickr site. I'm pretty proud of these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really dark picture. Gothish... Probably because of all the black clothing, and shadows under the eye brows... I like the smiley picture better, because it doesn't have the shadows under the eye brows. -lil bro