Saturday, September 16, 2006

Twelve snails invited to dinner

Last week I spotted some escargots in the freezer section of one of the neighborhood grocery stores. It was just Maylin and me for the evening and since I didn't feel like cooking, I bought a dozen of those slow-moving creatures. They come stuffed with butter, minced parsley, and garlic. Pop them in the oven for ten minutes and you've got a meal with your fresh baguette! Maylin even took a bite. I've had them in a restaurant before, and these were just as good. Only five euros for the dozen, too. I savored the meal, knowing it'd never be this easy or this delicious to have a snail dinner in the States.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How cool that the snails comme prepared with persillade already! That must be like the French version of American appetizers like frozen deep-fried mozzarella sticks.

Caroline Jou Armitage said...

Yep. Ah, "persillade." That's what it's called. Thanks.