Friday, September 22, 2006

Okay, not entirely healthy, but sleeping great!

Well, I'm happy, but I'm not completely healthy. I got a little cold last week (thanks to Maylin's school germs) which has turned into a minor sinus infection, by my own self-diagnosis. But I got some good nights of sleeping in finally which have helped me regain my energy. Today I feel pretty good!

I think I may have solved my sleeping problem, which I've been suffering from for over a year. I would wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep. Kind friends have given me much advice, but I tried a little idea of my own which works! I first had to figure out why I kept waking up. It was my overactive brain, anticipating all the things I had to do the next day. If I woke up, my brain would automatically start putting together a to-do list. My idea was to have that to-do list already written out and completely finished before I went to bed. Now I write out my entire schedule for the next day in my calendar before my head hits the pillow. It's worked like a charm for the three nights I've tried it.

No comments: