Saturday, May 13, 2006

He's gone now

Our baby has passed from our world into the next. The only way to cope is to just keep looking into the future. We'll be able to try again in about three months time. I don't know now if I'd want to try again so soon. But we'll see.

The baby suffered from a rare chromosomal disorder which, thankfully, is not genetic. One of my doctors recently told me that it was an accident that happened even before conception. Just pure bad luck. It is very unlikely it will happen again to us. That is good to know and should boost my confidence.

I am recuperating at home now with the help of John and Maylin. I am so looking forward to starting my life over again.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind and thoughtful comments and e-mails. They have all helped in the healing process. I love you.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Caroline, I think you'll be amazed at how fast you recover from this and you will find it all fades into a distant memory when the sibling-to-be finally becomes part of your life. At the time, I thought it was an absolute nightmare, but I also knew that our baby could never survive outside the womb. When we finally got the autopsy results we also discovered that the baby's many many physical «defects» were due to a chromosomal error which occurred at conception. After telling people my story I was very surprised to hear that many of my friends and acquantaines had had similar experiences but never had had a reason to tell me about it. Wishing you all of the best of luck the next time around. :)