Friday, March 03, 2006

For the totally lost, but not helpless or hopeless

In my previous post, I recommended Barbara Sher's latest book, but I realize that her others may be more pertinent to the majority of you who are not sure where to go from here with the rest of your life or who at least have an idea that you need a career change.

For those of you who have no clue where to start, try:

- I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was : How to Discover What You Really Want and How to Get It

If you only have time to read one self-improvement book, read this one:

- Live the Life You Love : In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons

You already know what you want -- so go get it!

- Wishcraft : How to Get What You Really Want

I have not read any of these books, but from the PBS broadcast of one of her "Live the Life You Love" sessions that I saw four or five years ago, the few lessons I picked up have already changed my life. So I'm confident her books will have even more useful information. At this point in my life, I'm quite content so I'm not into reading any self-improvement books, but these are the first ones I'll go to when I feel lost again. When I was in the States, I would feel lost about every summer, asking myself, "Am I really happy doing what I'm doing?" and "What would I rather be doing?" Right now, I'm pretty happy being a stay-at-home mom with lots of extracurricular activities.

No comments: