Wednesday, February 01, 2006

No success in manipulating Mommy

The other day I sent Maylin to her room after she spoke to me in a very disrespectful fashion (yes, she's a three year-old teenager). She went in willingly and stayed in there with the door open, crying for a good fifteen minutes. During this time, she tried everything possible to get me to stay with her or to let her out, but I had told her she couldn't come out until she had calmed down and stopped crying. Her attempts are as follows in chronological order, which we found quite amusing:

1. Ouch, my leg is broken.
2. Don't let me die.
3. Hug me.
4. I want to sleep.
5. I don't feel good.
6. My face is cold.
7. I'm choking.
8. I want grape juice.
9. I want Oui-Oui (her "dou-dou," or favorite cuddling toy).
10. My foot...my leg is broken.
11. I need to pee-pee.

In fact, she did need to use the toilet, so we brought her portable potty into her room. She went, and still continued crying. Her dad went in a few minutes later to check on her and she finally calmed down. Mom 1, Maylin 0.

No comments: