Monday, February 27, 2006

3, 4, 5, 6

This is the number of hours of sleep I've been getting in four successive nights. Reason: decalage horaire, a.k.a. jet lag. But it's not my jet lag entirely. It's mostly due to Maylin taking these long naps in the afternoon (impossible to wake her up), and as a result, not needing a full night's sleep of at least 8 hours, which I need to function in a normal manner. She wakes up and wants to eat right away. She begs me to get her something at first, but I just tell her to get it herself. My big girl has no difficulty going to the fridge to get out some yogurt or cheese, or to the counter to get a banana. I'm sooo glad she can feed herself.

Right now I feel like Mommy Zombie. After finishing my breakfast of smoothie, scrambled eggs, and Cheerios, I will take a short nap and then get a few groceries. I hope this week I'll get more sleep, and you'll get more interesting reading to do here soon!

No comments: