Saturday, January 28, 2006

Addicted to fussing around with beads

You haven't heard from me in over a week because I've had a houseguest, and because all of my spare time has been spent making jewelry or buying supplies for making jewelry. I am totally addicted! I can make a long necklace in half an hour, but most pieces take less time. Talk about instant gratification. Sometimes I have a vision for a piece, but most times, I'm inspired by the beads themselves and play around with them in different combinations. I've just learned how to do earrings -- so easy! Those happen in minutes!

After giving out some of my latest creations as gifts, I have been encouraged to sell my work. I'm not quite ready -- I don't want to blow all my stock at once, but maybe in a month or so, if I can keep this pace up. I'm going to try my hand at making my own beads, too, out of a clay called Fimo that hardens after half an hour in a hot oven. That'll be a totally new adventure.

2 comments:

Deidre said...

Awesome! I used to bead when I was younger.

Caroline Jou Armitage said...

Maylin likes to do it, too! She's even helped me make beads out of polymer clay! By the way, are you in your own place now?