Thursday, April 07, 2005

Doctor's visit

Maylin wasn't feeling too well today, and I was completely exhausted from three nights of hardly any sleep, so we had a quiet day together. No school for Maylin, no rehearsal for Mommy. For two nights, she's had a fever that's made it difficult for her to sleep. Once we got some Tylenol into her, she settled down and was able to rest. During the day, strangely, she's been fine. We went to the pediatrician yesterday, but Maylin checked out completely normal. She's 28 lbs. and 35.4 inches long.

It was kind of funny when we were called to step into the doctor's office. Maylin was having a good time in the waiting room with all the cool toys, including an antique kid-sized 1950's car, and then when she saw the office, the desk, the doctor behind the desk, she started whimpering. I tried to soothe her, but it only made it worse. Then it was full-on screaming for the rest of the visit. It was hardly embarrassing for me -- I'm getting used to her strong reaction towards doctors. But it was tough, real tough, to hold her down to get examined. She's so big and strong, with her hands all over the place, trying to push the doctor's hands away. How come I don't hear other kids screaming and struggling at the doctor's offices here?

Well, I need to get some sleep if I want to keep all these bad bugs away. I know two friends who are sick now. The viruses are out again, having a blast.

No comments: